January 9, 2014

And...we've got a 2 month old!


My how quickly that happened!  I now fully understand why, as a new mom, everyone tells me to treasure every moment.  They do grow so fast, making me realize all over again what a treasure every single second is.  Just the other day I caught myself feeling guilty for spending a whole hour staring at this sweet little face.... 


I had to remind my busy-is-always-better-self to be OK with the slow down, to hold on to these moments with everything I've got!  Because, as everyone else has told me, before I know it, she'll be crawling towards other adventures and these snuggles won't come quite so easily.
So in honor of Elle's 2 month birthday, I'm reminding myself to "hold on..."



Hold on to tiny hands; admire wiggly fingers and toes.  Kiss those cheeks all day long if needed, sing silly songs, and cherish the sweet coos and giggles and squeals of this fresh new life learning how to be a part of God's great world.  I will stop wondering if was a complete waste of time to gaze at Elle's tiny newborn face hour after hour.  It's not.  It never was.
Hold on to the realization that this tiny person loves me for me, no matter what outfit I'm wearing (mostly they all end up with spit up on them anyways), how I cook, how many loads of laundry I managed to fold, how much I ran today, or if my hair looks better blonde or brown.  She just loves.  And I should too!
---------

This past week was a busy one for Ellery.  She got to spend the whole day with Mimi and Grandpa Wes while Michael and I celebrated his 33rd birthday. We're SO very grateful for grandparents who love us by loving our little girl so well.

Although Michael and I had SO much fun celebrating together, I'm pretty sure this was the best part of the whole day. . . 
Late night snuggles with his baby girl!

 In other news....Elle is kicking off the second month of life by moving from her rock 'n play to her big girl crib!  She looks so tiny in there :



Like pretty much everything else in her little life, she handled the transition like a champ!  Didn't even seem to notice the difference.  We are so thankful for her sweet spirit and laid-back personality.... AND for her consistent sleeping through the night!  8-5 is her new sleep schedule, without even a peep.


Happy Two Months, Ellery Gray!  
We love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips