January 28, 2014

You Made Me a Mother


People always ask me "How do you like being a mom?"  
Well, nothing quite sums it up better than this little video:


I felt you. You were a pea. Then a lemon. Then an eggplant. I followed advice. I read twelve books. I quit coffee.

Could you tell I was scared?
I talked to you, sang to you... I wasn't ready.
But then you were here. Ten toes. Eight Seven pounds. Love. Big fat love.
I held you. I fed you. I realized that I would spend my life doing things to make you happy -- and that that would make me happy.
And then there are the times I want to give up. You've made me rethink my sanity. You've made me want to fall on my mother's feet and tell her that I get it.
But then you smile and you say my name -- and you grab my hand with those little fingers.
We're growing together. We are seeing the world like it's new. I will open my heart and love will rain down all over you. You'll giggle, and I'll do it all over again. And we will walk hand in hand. Until you let go.
I God made you, but you made me a mother.


I know we have so far to go and so MUCH to learn - but these past (almost) three months have been the best of our lives!

Our Elle has continued to amaze us with her joyful personality and sweet, sweet countenance.

Hands down, the best part of my day is the beginning of hers!
I walk into her room and as soon as she sees my face, arms flail, coos begin, nose wrinkles up, and a smile that melts a heart spreads all over her face!  


Every single day she reminds me of one of my favorite verses:

"This is the day the Lord has made.  
We WILL rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

Yes we will, little Ellery Gray.  Yes we WILL!


I love that gaze.
I love that each new day is a fresh start.
I LOVE that God has entrusted Michael and I to guide her heart towards Him.

And....this little one LOVES bath time! 

Since she's almost outgrowing her Puj Tub. . . we thought we'd snap a few pictures of "tub time" this past weekend:




I wish we could press pause at this stage of her life.  It's SO much fun. . . but as so many have told us, we're sure that "the best is yet to come."


Much love to you all,
Em & Elle (and all of her furry friends!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips