April 20, 2015

Life Lately

Still so hard to believe that we're a family of FOUR!
These first few weeks have been filled with challenges; yet in the midst of finding our new normal, we've seen SO many glimpses of God's provision and grace.  So many visits from friends, meals delivered, and hours of babysitting from our sweet family.  We are beyond grateful!

Just this morning, as I was attempting to navigate the aisles of Harris Teeter with our two littles (one in particular who was endlessly begging for cookies at 9 am)- I was reminded of how much God cares for us. 

Feeling slightly overwhelmed and defeated, a sweet mom came up to me with an understanding smile on her face: "How far apart are they?" she asked.   
Secretly afraid of another "What were you thinking" response, I sheepishly answered: "17 months."  Instead of a look of pity, however, her face lit up!  "Mine are too," she pointed down the aisle to her 3 and 4 year old boy and girl holding hands and giggling.  
"They're best friends!  That first year was tough; but now I can't imagine one without the other.  It's been the greatest blessing."
It was as if she had read my mind (or maybe she just noticed my well worn workout clothes, disheveled hair, and half opened box of animal crackers spilling out of my cart.)  Or just maybe, God placed her on that cereal aisle for a very specific purpose.  Perhaps she gathered I needed that little glimpse of hope; because as she turned away to follow her little ones, she reminded me of one of my favorite lines:  "The days are long; but the years are short."  I could have hugged her real tight right then and there.  A stranger.  In the grocery store.  But it was just what I needed at just the right time.
{Big sis helping to give Baby B a sponge bath}

We really are so very blessed by sweet Beckham!  He's just the sweetest and most cuddly baby boy.  
I feel like I might jinx myself if I type this; but at nearly one month old, he really rarely cries and only wakes once or twice at night for a quick meal!  He spoils us rotten.  
And Elle...well she's just the sweetest big sister I could have imagined.  She covers him sweetly with his blanket, gives him his paci when he cries, and helps burp him (sometimes a little too vigorously) after he's eaten.  She loves "her baby" fiercely and I love her just a little bit more for it!
I know time will go all too quickly and before I know it, I will be the mom with the three and four year old holding hands in the grocery store.  Until then, we'll take LOTS and lots of walks together: my two little buddies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips