June 15, 2014

Our Greatest Contribution


I stumbled upon these words from Andy Stanley the other day and can't stop thinking about their significance:


....not something you DO but someone you RAISE!
WOW....those words hit me hard.
Conviction.

In the really early months of being a mom, I felt I desperately needed to find a purpose and a connection outside of my family and my daughter.  I felt incredibly empty without it.  I needed to WORK, to contribute, to DO something.

Only in these last few weeks - after experiencing a heartbreaking loss- have I finally been able to see that before all else it is my family that is my greatest purpose of all. 
And while I still long to have purpose and connection outside of that, it is no longer to fill an empty void.
Now, whatever else is added, is simply an overflow of abundance.

Those first months - I'm sure even these first years- will be overwhelming, tiring, and even lonely.
But God is encouraging me to be faithful to the little life (or lives) he entrusts to us.....
and I know, when all is said and done - 
the greatest blessing of my life will be SOMEONE WE RAISED!

{and she's a pretty wonderful blessing already!}







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips